Friday, January 23, 2009

'snot nice


As I got on the Metro this morning, my nose ran a tad from having walked in the freezing cold. I didn't have a tissue, so I quickly used my fuzzy gloved hand to gently wipe away my runny nose. I'm not sick, just a minor leaky faucet situation. I looked around and many men and women were doing the same thing--I guess like me they didn't have tissues handy. Nobody really thinks about how disgusting it is to use your glove as a tissue, just a quick pass under you nose. I'm certain people don't wash the gloves daily. We're holding the same Metro poles, basically passing around other's tissues. Ugh! Yet, before today, I felt that my hands were protected from strangers' germs in the winter months, comfortably warmy inside my soft cable-knit Gap gloves. I think I may need to buy a pack of Kleenex and some hand sanitizer. I am also deeply sorry for my own actions. I will wash my gloves tonight.

No comments: