Friday, January 16, 2009

Yes, I'm Watching You


Location: Two blocks from work
Time: 8:23am
It was in single digits today with the wind chill factor. I had on my long coat, my knit hat, and my turtleneck sweater unrolled up covering my mouth and nose. Only my eyes were visible. A man and a woman chatted on the corner as we waited for the light to change. I could tell from their all-black suits and dapper black shoes that they were FBI agents. As we crossed the street, she headed left, he headed straight saying “I’m at headquarters today.” From amid all my wool, my eyes briefly me his. I narrowed my eyes at him, partly from the searing cold, but partly because I felt I could be undercover in my outfit. I wanted him to feel like I could possibly be spying on him, and I'd be letting my people know where he'd be working that day…

Winter seems to be the perfect season for DC pretend espionage.

No comments: